Thursday, March 25, 2010

How to Use Chopsticks in 3 Easy Steps


The topic of my demonstrative speech was how to use a pair of chopsticks. The overall relevance of this speech was that knowing how to use chopsticks can be fun, can impress your friends, and can be a great way to learn patience. The speech was broken down into three easy to follow steps that were shown once just to see it, and then again with the class trying it out as well. Each step was thoroughly explained and shown to the audience.

The positive aspects of the presentation were that I was loud enough for everyone to hear me and I think that I displayed enthusiasm for the topic. There were chopsticks available for everyone to follow along with what I was doing, so I think the speech held the audience’s attention for the most part. There was adequate eye contact and body language displayed for what was needed in the speech. The negative aspects were that I did tend to move around a lot with my hands and sometimes swayed back and forth on the balls of my feet, which was a bit distraction. I also spoke quite fast, which may have made things difficult to understand at times.

If given the choice, I would probably not have done the same topic again. This is because it made a short speech, and I realized right before I went to give my speech there were instructions right on the chopsticks package. Some changes that I would make would be to speak a lot slower, it sounds like I’m being rushed, and somehow be able to enlarge the image of what I was doing with the chopsticks as it was a bit hard to see it from the back of the room. I could possibly have large photos of each of the steps to aid in this.

*to see the speech, click this link!
**photo taken from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment